NEWS: Buesa – Steelers win was a turning point

January 24, 2023

Aspray Glasgow West sponsored Glasgow Clan forward Jordan Buesa believes Saturday’s 4-2 road win at Sheffield Steelers is a “turning point” for the club’s season.

Clan picked up a massive victory against the Viaplay Elite League title challengers and now they have Cardiff Devils in their sights on Tuesday (face off 7.30pm).

And Buesa believes Saturday’s Sheffield success has given the players a timely boost as they prepare to face the current play-off champions at Braehead Arena.

“The win on Saturday was a big turning point for us and getting a character win like that has brought everyone closer together I think and shows what we can do,” he said.

“Dyson, Stephen Dixon, along with Shawn Boutin have brought different ideas and to beat a title challenger like Sheffield gives us such a boost going into the game on Tuesday against Cardiff.

WATCH: Full Clan Chat interview with Jordan Buesa

“We have to show them we can play the way we can and prove we can do it and beat anyone in the league with hard work and buy-in to the systems.

“It’s important we rack up as many points as we can and kick on until the end of the season and hope we can get ourselves into top eight.”

Buesa, who is on a two-way deal with NIHL National League side Sheffield Steeldogs, was the busiest man in ice hockey, playing in FOUR games over the THREE days, including Clan’s win at the Steelers.

Turning out for Steeldogs, he played in all three of their weekend games as well, picking up four assists.

And he revealed he might not have made the Clan game had personnel at the Utilita Arena stuck to their guns.

(PHOTO: Al Goold)

“It’s been quite an experience and I don’t think I’ve played in multiple games since I played in the Under 12s,” he added.

“I just wanted to be there for the guys in Sheffield and while it was tiring, it was such a happy feeling after the game. I’m lucky I’ve got the energy to be able to do it.

“I got to the Steeldogs game at 2pm for the 4pm face off where we unfortunately lost to Peterborough Phantoms and I got finished around 6.20, which is usually warm up time at the Steelers.

“I was half kitted and headed over, but the stewards weren’t going to let me in as they were trying to get money off me for car parking.

“I managed to convince them I was a player when I showed them my sticks and I was dripping with sweat.  I got into the building with about ten minutes to go so I was glad they believed me in the end.”

More News