At the Glasgow Clan we are an organisation that are very active in fulfilling donation requests from many charitable, educational, community and non-profit organisations. The Clan take great pride in making these contributions and see them as an opportunity to give back and make a positive impact on our community.
Procedure for Donation Requests
The following procedure has been created to ensure fairness and consistency to all organisations seeking support. If you are interested in requesting a donation for your event or organisation, please do the following:
- Due to the volume of donation requests received on an annual basis please submit the request 30 days in advance of the event.
- Donation requests must be submitted on the charity’s, educational or community group’s or the not-for-profit organisation’s letterhead and must include your organisation’s charity registration number or VAT registration number.
- If letterhead is not available, a flyer or other promotional document advertising the event must be submitted along with the request.
- Please ensure that you have included:
– The address and full name of your organisation
– A contact person with a telephone number or email address
– An explanation of the nature of the event (name, date, time, location, sponsor)
– What the event benefits
– How the team’s contribution will be used
Which organizations do we support?
The Glasgow Clan support registered and not-for-profit groups throughout the West of Scotland that have a specific focus on literacy, public education, or health-and-wellness programs. A priority will be given to those that make a positive impact on youth. Please note we are unable to accommodate requests for families or individuals.
Although our policies allow us to be generous with our donations, submitting a request does not guarantee your organisation will receive a donation and the volume of requests that we receive on an annual basis has required us to limit the number that we fulfil. In an attempt to help the greatest number of people, the Glasgow Clan will only contribute to an event/organisation once per season.
What items are offered?
What we donate includes, but is not limited to, tickets, merchandise, autographed memorabilia and player appearances. Organisations are encouraged to request specific items but ultimately the items to be donated are determined at the discretion of the Glasgow Clan and we do not provide a monetary value for any auction items. Please note, due to limited seating availability at the Braehead Arena there are only a certain number of tickets allocated for charitable requests, tickets for certain games may not be available for donation.
Please email your donation request letter to: email@example.com
The Glasgow Clan do not accept items to be signed, provide items for personal collection/use, or donate to organisations soliciting requests on behalf of a third party.
With all donations applications please provide an appointed contact with their name, telephone number and email address. Failure to include this information will mean we can not process your application.